Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Summer Hols

‘Why should you want any other
When you're a world within a world?’

Band members have scattered for a week or two for much deserved holidays, hence a lack of band activity.
It was my birthday last week, I am trying to make it last for about 5 weeks.
I have moved flats and now have a room that I think will be a big, lovable creative space for quite a while.. in fact the flat might be big enough to have a gig, which can only a good thing right?

Music I have been loving of late.. Prince, Elliott Smith, Biffy Clyro, Captain, Metallica, Nellie McKay.. some songs by these artists will be on the competition winners mix CDs that I will be making, hopefully this evening to send, along with all the other stuff that is.. so hopefully before Christmas!! Ha! Ha!

Things I have learnt in the last couple of weeks:
Always be aware of the time when planning to catch a last train home.
Don’t go to clubs in flip-flops, you might get a cut foot.
How some women must feel when sexually harassed by men on a night out.
Time flies when you’re playing Poker.
Sleep helps generally.
This is a cool website: www.songmeanings.net

Our next gig is at The Dublin Castle in Camden on 22nd September.. many people I have told about this have thought that we are actually playing in Dublin rather than a dirty corner of Camden, which is quite funny as some people discussed looking at Ryan Air flight prices! As far as I am aware, Travelcards are still roughly about £5… Buy a Magners/Bulmers/Gaymers (or even a White Lightning) and close your eyes and I’m sure you’ll feel the same if it was in Dublin for real.

Anyway, hope you are enjoying some kind of break.. like I said: Sleep helps generally.

WFA

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home