Monday, April 16, 2007

The future is no friend of mine...

Ungh! Doin' it again and again...

Hi everyone, Dr Brown is in. I've been meaning to write for a while but, as some of you know, I have been drifting aimlessly along for a while now and haven't been able to commit myself to anything so final as a written word in a public place. At this point in time, however, I feel able to do just that. Record something to try and make sense of the past and put the present into focus. The future is, as I say above, no friend of mine and we shan't be discussing it here! At least not today...

So, I left my job with head held high and a renewed sense of purpose. Having hated myself for the last few months leaving seemed like a healthy thing to do (and it was) and I proceeded to shed any other responsibility life had thrust upon me. Since leaving I have been around a bit, visiting Holland, Brighton and Sheffield in the process. This week I am going to visit Stu up in Suffolk which I am very much looking forward to! We're going to sort out a kick-ass stag do for him if it kills me! He's my first friend who is getting married so I am very excited (possibly more than he is) about the stag do, I'm thinking strippers and beer. It's always worked for me.

Going out for a drink with the band tonight, which kind of caught me by surprise although I had apparently agreed to it! Having said that I didn't know about the gig we'd booked in May (Bank Holiday Monday 28th May, stick it in your diaries now, think it is an all-day thing in Islington) so maybe they are keeping secrets from me. Actually now I'm not on the email all day at work I guess they might miss me out of the loop on a few things, some people have been managing to keep in contact quite well however...!

Saw my old boss on Friday morning which was great. Met at the pub at 11.00 am and was pretty pissed after a breakfast of 2 pints of Staropramen. Shocking really, daytime drinking is carnage though. I was a complete mess Friday night, managing to leave one of my best friends in a club by herself cos I'd decided that she hated me and was trying to hide from me. She's forgiven me now, but honestly, what an idiot.

Last gig was good, definitely the sweatiest since we played on the hottest day of the year last year! That was when we all had to pour ice cubes into our clothes to stop us from getting heat stroke, although only I seem to remember this so it might have been a weird dream. We also played on the coldest day of the year this year (with all the snow) so I guess we just know how to pick 'em.

Anyway, better be going really, although I could write fucking loads at the moment. It's been an emotional few weeks (hard to beat coming home from your last day of work to find that your girlfriend's moved out. Then 2 hours later you're in the pub with your mates cos the next day you're going on a road trip to Holland), but I think overall I've come out on top. How I deal with the next couple of weeks will be really interesting (for me, probably not for you), no idea what I'm going to do but, as I said, the future has no place here!

I'm going to the pub. Give me a call if you fancy a drink, I'm generally around!

Laters...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home